A small bathroom doesn’t have to look tiny or feel cramped. There are many ways to make a room feel open and airy even if space is limited. When planning to remodel a small bathroom, using the right materials and being thoughtful about placement can make all the difference. Read on as JLR Home Renovation, trusted home remodeling contractor, provides tips to help you make the most of a small bathroom:
- Install a Corner Sink: A pedestal sink can disrupt the only available traffic lane in a small bathroom. A well-placed corner sink, however, opens the space up and helps maximize the square footage.
- Consider Round Style Vanities – The tight confines of a small bathroom require specific design considerations. The sharp corners of a regular vanity can pose a hazard in a cramped space, so we suggest installing a rounded vanity instead. As an experienced bathroom and basement remodeling contractor, we can help you choose the best looking vanity for your bathroom.
- Choose Large-Scale Patterns: A large-scale pattern is a great way to trick the eye into seeing a larger space than is really there. Consider wide stripes in alternating colors for your bathroom walls.
- Hang a Large Mirror: Mirrors can also make a room feel more spacious than it truly is, so when it comes to small bathrooms, go big with the mirror. In addition, having a mirror stretch across the wall also has a practical purpose: it lets two people use the mirror at the same time, so bathroom occupants will no longer have to crowd around the vanity.
- Use a Shower Curtain: A glass door that swings open isn’t practical in a small bathroom. A shower curtain that moves back and forth is more preferable because it saves space.
Our bathroom remodeling services can transform your small bathroom and make it look more appealing and feel more relaxing. We can optimize your floor plan, make sure that there’s enough space for everything, and help you create a beautiful bathroom design. JLR Home Renovation has over two decades of experience, and we use only the best products from top manufacturers. We serve Elizabethtown, Hummelstown and Hershey, PA. Call us at (717) 306-9555 for more bathroom design ideas, or to request a free estimate.